21 August 2008

Stand



As I started to write this initial post all I could hear was Donnie McClurkin singing Stand. The words keep playing over and over in my head. What can you do when you've done all you can? You just stand.
I've been thinking recently about the last 34 years of my life and about how fearful I've been of the future because of the pain of the past. What I realized was that despite my fear, God has continued to bring me through by no strength or power of my own. So I'm deciding at this moment to divorce fear. It has done nothing but cripple me. I'm standing because I trust Him to take care of the things that are out of my control.

4 comments:

Trains and Sewing Machines November 21, 2008 at 1:27 AM  

I know this is a little late, but GOOD FOR YOU!!!! Not everyone is that brave or determined.

divamom1717 January 13, 2009 at 3:53 PM  

I am a single mom who moved away from my home state four years ago. I just signed up for my first college class at age 32. Today I am divorcing fear and acting on my future! It is so liberating. Thank you for your lovely blog!

Hi. I'm Tara. January 14, 2009 at 7:02 PM  

thanks Trains and...
that's great news divamom!

Gidan Nodza February 21, 2009 at 10:28 AM  

I am the queen of procrastination which is brought about mainly by fear, but I've decided that this year I'm going to take the bull by the horns and face whatever is out there and trust that God will be my strength and guide...So, good for you and good luck.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

About This Blog

© 2011 Love Is Near.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP